Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This soup takes advantage of summer vegetables bursting with flavor. If you find fresh small cannellini, or other fresh beans be sure to use them.
- 1 lb sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chooped
- 1 large leek, split and thinly sliced
- 1 celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 parsnip, finely diced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 5 1⁄2 ounces green beans, cut in small pieces
- 5 1⁄2 ounces peas
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 14 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1⁄2 ounces spinach leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cokk the onion and the leak over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the celery, carrot, and garlic, cover, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the water, potato, parship, kohirabi or turnip, sausages, and green beans. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, zucchini, and small cannellini beans and season to taste. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add the spinach to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.Add salt and pepper.