elisabeth the only one's Note:
This soup takes advantage of summer vegetables bursting with flavor. If you find fresh small cannellini, or other fresh beans be sure to use them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chooped
- 1 large leek, split and thinly sliced
- 1 celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 1/4 cups water
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 parsnip, finely diced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 5 1/2 ounces green beans, cut in small pieces
- 5 1/2 ounces peas
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 14 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1/2 ounces spinach leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan. Cokk the onion and the leak over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the celery, carrot, and garlic, cover, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 2Add the water, potato, parship, kohirabi or turnip, sausages, and green beans. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the peas, zucchini, and small cannellini beans and season to taste. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- 4Add the spinach to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.Add salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 727.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: