Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
my way to have fried green tomatoes"
- 1 -2 medium zucchini
- 4 -6 green tomatoes
- chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 3 -4 cloves fine chopped garlic
- 1 fine chopped hot pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 -2 large corn tortillas or 1 -2 large flour tortilla
- Wash and trim zucchini & green tomatoes (DO NOT PEEL).
- Cut zucchini & tomatoes into about 1/2" thick slices.
- Place in a plastic bag with the next 4 ingredients. Add salt & pepper and pour Italian dressing over. Shake well.
- Spray pie pan with Pam. Place 1- tortilla in bottom and pour veg in.
- Bake 30-minutes at 350.
- Turn oven to broil. Sprinkle bread crumbs and brown a little.
- Sprinkle cheese and melt until lightly browned. I searched the WWW for Fried Green Tomatoes and I came up with this.
- I made two in one day!
- Make 2 and slice into 4 pieces and voila! Arrange like a personal size pizza.
- Better than Pizza Hut!
This was yummie and used up what was left in our garden... Thanks so much!!
This is a good way to use green tomatoes. I made as posted (1 small zucchini, 4 small green tomatoes, and about an eighth of a red onion) and put onto two whole wheat tortillas. I think there is too much for each tortilla, and that the hot pepper and Italian dressing amounts need to reduced to half. Wasn't too sure about why the bread crumbs were on except for extra crispiness? Thank you Yvonne Tarver for posting. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag.
I am giving it 5 stars because DH loved it! I am not so thrilled because the title PIZZA is very misleading. So, for all who read the reviews before you try the recipe, you should know that this recipe in no way, tastes or resembles PIZZA. I will make it again as DH loved it, of course he did not know the title of the dish ahead of time or his taste buds may have also said "This should not be called PIZZA"