Italian Style Fried Green Tomatoes
- Ready In:
- 4 medium green tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (for frying)
- Cut green tomatoes in 1/4 inch slices.
- Place tomatoes on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs with Romano cheese, sweet basil, parsley, garlic and onion powder and pepper.
- Dip tomatoes in egg wash then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Fry in olive oil on each side until golden brown.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!