Recipe by RecipeNut
Green onions and parsley give this recipe it's name. But the appealing flavor is what makes it memorable.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a very flavourful and tasty rice. My mom, dad, my brother and me, we've all loved it. I used 1 3/4 cup of green onions and 3 1/2 cups of vegetable stock(instead of chicken broth, in order to make it vegetarian).I used black pepper instead of cayenne pepper. Also, I suggest not to discard the bay leaf at the end but to allow it to remain in the rice so that it's wonderful smell remains for a longer time in the rice. This was the best dish I made today for the Zaar Cook A Thon! Thank you!!
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter for 1 minute or until tender.
- Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, cayenne pepper and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Discard bay leaf.