Recipe by Steve P.
A great way to use some of that zucchini from your garden or grocery store sale. Very tasty too ;-)
- 10 cups zucchini, grated
- 4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, grated
- 5 tablespoons canning salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Use only fresh, firm med sized zucchini.
- Wash and dry, but do not peel.
- Grate removing large seeds.
- Mix zucchini, onions, green pepper and canning salt.
- Let sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse mixture in cold water.
- Put mixture in large kettel.
- Add vinegar and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Pack in hot sterilized pint jars.
- Cover with sterilized lids and hotwater process for 20 minutes.
- Ready to eat right away, but it's better if it ages a few days.