Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One more easy and delicious way to cook green beans! Balsamic vinegar and brown sugar add great flavor to this dish.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Cook green beans in boiling water.
- (This can be done ahead.).
- Cut onions into thin slices, and cut each slice in half.
- Cook onions in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until onions are golden brown.
- (Original recipe says do not stir onions first 5-10 minutes.) Reduce heat to medium; stir in butter and brown sugar.
- Add green beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Toss with vinegar.
I have made these a couple of times. Frozen whole green beans were just as good as fresh. This recipe is easy and very tasty!
This was a very nice change from an ordinary green bean recipe. We will make this again.
I sauteed the onions in butter and then added the brown sugar based on other reviews.
WOW!!! These were AMAZING! Best beans ever. This will be how I make them from now on. But I did notice that as they started to cool the sugar started to turn to glue. Definitely best when hot. Thank you MrsEl.