Hummus Pizza With Caramelized Onions and Roasted Red Peppers
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 pizza crust (either home-made or store bought)
- 1 cup hummus
- 3 red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch raw sugar (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed to release flavor
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cook the onions in the balsamic vinegar on med heat until they are sticky and caramelized (about 15 minutes).
- Spread the hummus on the pizza crust.
- Top with caramelized onions.
- Then lay the red peppers on top in rows to form a pattern.
- Sprinkle the rosemary on top and bake for 10-12 minutes until crust browns. *If you made your own crust you will need to bake the crust for 10 minutes, take it out and add the toppings, then bake for 10-12 more minutes.*.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really liked this. I made two individually sized pizzas and only used 1 very large red onion and had to use cider vinegar as I realized as I started cooking that I was out of balsamic vinegar. I probably ended up using 3/4 cup of my own homemade hummus (recipe #267935) which is very garlicky which gave it some extra kick. We will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!