4 hrs 15 mins
Chef #386199's Note:
Mixture of green beans tomatoes, bacon and spice to make a sweet yet tasty dish that even people that hate tomatoes will like, this is a favorite family dish my grandfather has been making for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can of cut tomatoes (diced tomatoes may be substituted)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 (28 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 -7 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon butter or 1/4 tablespoon margarine
- black pepper
- 1Drain water from beans and tomatoes.
- 2Mix all ingredients (except bacon, and butter) in a large bowl.
- 3place in 9 X 13 GLASS backing dish.
- 4Lay bacon strips on top
- 5place butter in center of dish
- 6sprinkle black pepper to lightly cover top.
- 7cover with aluminum foil.
- 8Bake for 4 hours @ 350 degrees F Remove foil last 15 mins to brown bacon.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean & Tomato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 844.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g