Butter Cracker Green Tomato Casserole
A nice use of green tomatoes without frying them. From the Hampton,GA, United Methodist Church Women's cookbook of 2007. Contributed by Paulla Groover. (That is the way the name is spelled in the cookbook.)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 cup buttered cracker crumb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the tomatoes into smallish pieces.
- Mix all ingredients except cracker crumbs together and pour into greased casserole dish. I use an 8-inch square.
- Top with buttered crackers.
- Bake for 45 minutes. (Check after 30 minutes because the size dish you use will make a difference.). It should be somewhat firm (not soupy) and lightly browned on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation