Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ahhhh anything with Greek ingredients is sure to be sublime...feta,black olives,garlic,oregano. Happy Greekfest!
- 3⁄4 lb fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 large red peppers or 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons herb-flavored vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 3⁄4 lb pasta shells, cooked
- 3⁄4 lb cooked baby shrimp
- Mix the first 10 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta and the shrimp.
- Toss to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Super simple and tastes great! I changed the amounts to serve 4 and it worked well. The only thing I used less of was the olive oil... I used maybe half what it called for because it just wasn't necessary. I also used already cooked shrimp so I wanted to heat it up a little and just sauteed the butter and oregano for a minute and then heated all that up with the shrimp. And for the feta I used up the last of a few different containers I had and one of them was Lemon Oregano which I think really added that extra something to it.
Perfect meal for a Hot summer day! All my favorite flavors going on in this. I will be making this all summer long. Thank you, Lorrie! :)
This is ok and a good change but felt that it could have a little more flavor, and as suggested it is better the second day.