Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband made this the other night and I thought it was real tasty.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil and let it heat up a bit.
- Add in onion and garlic; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in rice and cook/stir 1 minute longer.
- Add in tomato sauce, lemon juice, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in chicken and broth; stir to combine.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for ABOUT 1 hour or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.