Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taste the Mediterranean in this dish’s tomato, onion, and garlic sauce. A heart healthy recipe.
Make and share this Greek Baked Ocean Perch recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, chopped fine (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 3⁄4 lb ocean perch fillet
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a skillet cook onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil the mixture until almost all the liquid is evaporated. Add the thyme, oregano and tomatoes with reserved liquid, bring mixture to a boil, and cook it over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- Spread half the sauce in the bottom of a gratin dish just large enough to hold the fish in one layer.
- Top it with the perch, skin sides down and spread remaining sauce over perch.
- Sprinkle olives and Feta evenly over the sauce and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
I just made this for my VERY picky husband and he LOVED it! I substituted capers for the olives and served it with cous cous and broiled zuchini with parm. I agree with the other reviews. The feta makes this. YUM!
Covered up the flavor of our slightly strong perch. We liked the firm chew of the feta and olives and the melting texture of the fish together. We used fresh thyme and it was sensational. The feta makes this so definitely use it.
Delicious and healthy. I used tilapia instead of perch and served it with pita and hummus.