Recipe by annconnolly
Taste the Mediterranean in this dish’s tomato, onion, and garlic sauce. A heart healthy recipe.
Top Review by Kelsey K
I just made this for my VERY picky husband and he LOVED it! I substituted capers for the olives and served it with cous cous and broiled zuchini with parm. I agree with the other reviews. The feta makes this. YUM!
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, chopped fine (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 3⁄4 lb ocean perch fillet
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil the mixture until almost all the liquid is evaporated. Add the thyme, oregano and tomatoes with reserved liquid, bring mixture to a boil, and cook it over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- Spread half the sauce in the bottom of a gratin dish just large enough to hold the fish in one layer.
- Top it with the perch, skin sides down and spread remaining sauce over perch.
- Sprinkle olives and Feta evenly over the sauce and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork.