1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Carla Hall's Cooking With Love
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (each 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup canola oil or 1/3 cup other neutral oil
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock (homemade or store bought, unsalted)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1Rinse the pork chops and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chops, then dredge in flour to lightly coat. Reserve the remaining flour.
- 2In large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add two of the pork chops and cook, turning once until well browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a plate. Repeat with remaining chops.
- 3Add onions and garlic to the fat in the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and add reserved flour. Cook, stirring, until it begins to brown, about 8 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl combine the stock, water, Worcestershire, vinegar, mustard, molasses and allspice. Add to pan and stir until well incorporated. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Return the pork chops and their accumulated juices to the pan.
- 5Cover and simmer until the chops are very tender, about 45 minutes, turning the chops halfway through cooking. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Slow-Cooked Sunday Smothered Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.0
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 1134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g