Cajun Smothered Pork Chops
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone in pork chops
- your favorite cajun seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a 5 quart cast iron dutch oven on medium high.
- Season pork chops with Cajun seasoning.
- Place in skillet and brown well on both sides over medium - medium high heat.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, green and red bell peppers, and celery. Cook until onions are soft and transparent, stirring frequently as not to burn.
- Return pork chops to pot.
- Add just enough water to cover the meat. Add garlic and Worcestershire. Stir well.
- If your gravy isn't dark, add a tablespoon of kitchen bouquet and stir.
- Cover pot almost all of the way. Simmer until meat is tender.
- Uncover. Add mushroom and green onions and parsley.
- Adjust seasoning by tasting gravy. Simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- C'est Si Bon, Cher!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I'm of Irish heritage, with a little bit of American Indian, Spanish, and English in me. I was raised in the heart of Cajun Country, but have traveled extensively in the U.S. and abroad. I'm in the restaurant business and have worked in every aspect of it for the past 35 years. I'm also a Jazz vocalist. My passions in life are singing, gardening, and cooking. I'm in the process of writing a cookbook, as a legacy to my mother, who passed away in 1979, who was a fabulous cook, and who always wanted to write her own cookbook. I have one daughter, and a beautiful granddaughter, who is the love of my life. I can't wait to be able to teach her how to cook and cook with her! Thanks for your interest in me! God bless you and have a wonderful day!