Lowcountry Smothered Pork Chops
From Paula Deen's show, made by her guest, Damon Fowler.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 pork chops, centered-cut, 1 inch thick
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 green bell peppers, medium, stemmed, cored, membranes removed, cut into strips
- 2 onions, yellow, trimmed, cut lengthwise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Trim the excess fat from the chops and season well with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly roll the chops in flour, shake off the excess, and slip them into the pan.
- Brown well, about 3 minutes per side, and remove them to a plate.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet and saute until softened,about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about half a minute longer.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the skillet.
- Add chops to pan and place vegetables on top of pork chops.
- Pour in the broth and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and allow to simmer for 45 minutes or until chops are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh my. The ingredients are so simple, but the result is extraordinarily good! My new favorite pork chops. I left the sauce alone, but made one minor change. I poured the broth in, before returning the chops, and scraped the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Then I added the chops, topped with veggies, and sprinkled with Worcestershire. Thank you, Mightyro! Made for PhotoTag.2Reply
see 2 more