Southern Smothered Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 onions, sliced
- nonstick cooking spray
- Mix cornstarch and broth until smooth and set aside. Spray a skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Season chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook chops 10 minutes or until well browned on each side. Remove chops and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat just until turning translucent but still crisp. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Cook until it comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Return chops to pan, cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes or until the chops are done. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Join The Conversation