So delicious !!
Make and share this Granny's Banana Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt; stir in milk and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of cream mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
- Add butter and vanilla; mix well; allow to cool slightly.
- Slice the bananas and place evenly in pastry shell; pour cream mixture over bananas.
- Cool; before serving, garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip and bananas.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.