Simple No Bake Banana Cream Pie
photo by Swirling F.
- Ready In:
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 banana (sliced into thin pieces)
- 2 cups whipped topping (I like to use vanilla flavored)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 jello pkgs instant vanilla pudding
- caramel syrup, for drizzle
- Line banana slices on the bottom of the graham crust.
- In a large bowl mix the milk and pudding mix until well blended. Then add one cup of the whipped topping (save the other half for later) and stir.
- Pour mixture over the bananas and refrigerate about 3 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, cover with the remaining whipped topping and drizzle over caramel.
Today is DH's birthday, and since my oven has stopped working, I chose this "no bake" recipe to replace his favourite birthday cake. He was delighted with it! I used real whipping cream because I don't like Cool Whip and used fat free pudding mixes. I also diced some extra banana so that it was throughout the pie as opposed to on the bottom only. Thx for this super easy recipe!
This is banana cream pie came out similar to the one that Baker Square Restaurant used to sell. I added 1/2 teaspoon of banana extract to the pudding. I used one box of banana pudding and the other box was of vanilla flavor. Both sugar free. I like topping it with sugar free whipped cream that comes in a bottle which is sold at the grocery store in the refrigeration aisles. Love it! will make it again.
see 6 more reviews