1/2 Photos of Grandma Bubbe's Apple Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Susiecat too's Note:
A delicious moist white cake with layers of apple and cinnamon. When my grandmother was a young bride she made this cake weekly for my grandfather. When I was single and in the dating world, she told me "this is a cake to catch a man with." (kosher - pareve)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar, juice, eggs, oil and vanilla together in a mixer at medium speed for about 10 minutes, until smooth.
- 2Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, and slowly add to the wet mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl to mix thoroughly.
- 3Mix the apples, sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- 4Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- 5Pour half of the batter in the bundt pan, then top with half of the apple mixture.
- 6Alternate layers again to finish the batter, then the apples.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees F for about 70 minutes, or until done.
- 8Cool cake partially in pan, then invert cake onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- 9This also makes great muffins, but cut the baking time down to about 45-50 minutes for muffins.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Bubbe's Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 136.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g