Recipe by Susiecat too
A delicious moist white cake with layers of apple and cinnamon. When my grandmother was a young bride she made this cake weekly for my grandfather. When I was single and in the dating world, she told me "this is a cake to catch a man with." (kosher - pareve)
Top Review by Tichelina
yummy cake.I used apple juice because I was out of orange juice.I also reduced the amount of oil (1 cup=16 Tablespoons.I used 13 tablespoons). It's important to remember that the top of the cake browns before the cake itself is ready.Place aluminum foil on top of the cke and keep baking until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 apples, finely chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar, juice, eggs, oil and vanilla together in a mixer at medium speed for about 10 minutes, until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, and slowly add to the wet mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl to mix thoroughly.
- Mix the apples, sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour half of the batter in the bundt pan, then top with half of the apple mixture.
- Alternate layers again to finish the batter, then the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 70 minutes, or until done.
- Cool cake partially in pan, then invert cake onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- This also makes great muffins, but cut the baking time down to about 45-50 minutes for muffins.