Mom's Old Fashioned Rhubarb Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Time treasured family honoured recipe. This delicious and moist white cake jewelled with rhubarb in each bite and perfectly topped with a sweet cinnamon crumble . A must have for afternoon tea or just a good comfort treat.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free works well)
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, sour cream, sugar, baking soda and salt blending well.
- Add in flour a little bit at a time.
- Add in rhubarb. Blend well.
- Place batter in a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 cake pan or two loaf pans.
- In a separate bowl, add crumble ingredients and blend well.
- Drop dollops of cinnamon mixture with your fingers on the top of the batter which will spread out a bit and create crispy pockets of sweet cinnamon goodness.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- NOTES: If you are using frozen rhubarb, it will be a little more moist. This cake also freezes well. Enjoy !
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION