Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Make and share this Gramps Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cucumbers (sliced in 1/4 slices)
- 1⁄2 sweet onion (sliced thin)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Mix mayo,vinegar and sugar in a bowl.
- Add cukes and onions.
- Mix, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate overnight, ENJOY.
Hi, I loved it. I substitued miracle whip for the mayo....only because I am a miracle (light) junkie, so thats generally all I have. If something absolutely has to have mayo I just make it from scratch. This is very similar to a recipe one of my friends mom makes. It is indeed a 5. Leanne
I Loved this recipe! There are all kinds of flavors going on in this simple recipe with just a few ingredients. The sugar adds a bit of sweetness, the vinegar just a little "tang", and the mayo lends creaminess. I have saved this to my favorites. Thanks a bunch Ed&Theresa for yet another outstanding recipe. Nick's Mom