Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
(Grilled Skewers of Chicken Slices, Nepali Style)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, thinly sliced and cut in 2-inch length
- bamboo skewer, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- melted butter, for basting
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 fresh red chilies
- 1⁄2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon szechwan pepper (timur)
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, process all marinating ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Marinate chicken slices in chicken marinade for overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pat dry the marinated chicken pieces and thread on with soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill to the desired doneness, frequently turning and basting with the melted butter.
- Serve hot with tomato achar.
Thanks for another good recipe Tulsi. This was a tasty way to cook chicken. I didn't have any szechwan peper, (which I supect may have been a key ingredient), and used white pepper instead, but the chicken still had a good mix of spice flavours and was very tender.