Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Found this recipe on Pinterest. The site is Jane's recipes from Gooseberry Patch's Slow Cooker Recipes by Jane Houin She noted that she could not find frozen egg noodles and used dried ones. I also used dried egg noodles and they turned out fantastic. I used 1 1/2 (10 oz) bags of dried noodles. I used a combination of breasts and thighs when I made it. I skipped shredding the chicken as it was so tender it just fell apart as I stirred it. You can also add veggies of choice to this as it cooks.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced
- 42 ounces chicken broth
- 24 ounces egg noodles, frozen
- Combine chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, butter and chicken broth in your crock pot.
- Cover & cook on low for 8 hours.
- An hour before serving, remove the chicken, shred it and return it to the slow cooker. Stir in the noodles, cover and cook another hour. (If you are not using frozen noodles, I recommend keeping an eye on the noodles so they don't get over cooked & mushy. Once they are cooked to your desired consistency, you are ready to serve!).
I have made this a few times before and it always gets rave reviews! It is amazing that something so easy to put together tastes that good!