Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a magic meal, the end product looks nothing like the starting ingredients. Trust me, DO NOT add water to this. The result will be tender melt in your mouth pork in a golden gravy, so tender that you will not need a fork! It's beyond simple to put together but yet nice enough to serve for company. I serve with mashed potatoes. You can make easily increase the servings by repeating the layers in the crock, you just may need to increase the cooking time. Same goes for a thicker chop.
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Put the sliced onion in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, make a single layer on top of the onion.
- Spread the undiluted mushroom soup ontop of the pork chops.
- Cook in the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.
A good everyday recipe. I would prefer a thicker sauce, and will likely do that next time. I'll also add some herbs for additional taste since I used low-salt soup to reduce the sodium content.
MUST be eaten with mashed potatoes or something else that will sop up the sauce. YUM!
This was so easy and delicious. The meat turned out very tender also which is good for pork chops. We had it over mashed potatoes to soak up all that awesome gravy. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Oh how right you are this is a magic meal or rather it was, hehehe. I just love my crock pot and this dish just melted in your mouth, the chops that is not the crock. We had them with mashed potatoes and Spiced Carrots#77943 and the combination was fantastic with that lovely gravy on top Mmmmm. Thank's for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2010.