1/1 Photo of Golden Mushroom Soup
Posted by request. I have not yet prepared this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 fluid ounces water or 4 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 16 fluid ounces soymilk or 16 fluid ounces rice milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine (optional)
- 1To brown and soften the onions, heat ½ cup of water or vegetable stock in a large pot and add the onions.
- 2Cook over high heat, stirring often, until the onions are soft and all the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add another ¼ cup of water or vegetable stock, stir to loosen any bits of onion that have stuck to the pan, and continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated and onions begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the sliced mushrooms and spices.
- 5Lower the heat slightly, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add the soy sauce and stock.
- 7Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 8In a separate pan, mix the olive oil and flour to form a thick paste.
- 9Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute then whisk in the soy milk or rice milk and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until steamy and slightly thickened.
- 10Add the milk mixture to the soup.
- 11Stir in the lemon juice and red wine just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 313.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g