Az B's Note:
Another fabulous Roben Ryberg recipe. A 3 stage process that is totally worth the effort. Note that cooking time includes making stock in the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Crock Pot Pork Stock
- 226.79 g ground pork
- 113.39 g shrimp, peeled and finely chopped
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml gluten free soya sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1Step 1: Crock Pot Pork Stock.
- 2•Wash the meat. Place in Crock Pot. Cut the onion in quarters and add to the pot. Add the bay leaf and water. Cover with a lid and cook on high for 5 hours, or low for 8-10 hours.
- 3•Remove the meat, onion, and bay leaf. Remove any excess fat from the meat. Save the meat for another meal.
- 4•Skin any fat from the top of the broth and discard. For the clearest broth, drain through cheesecloth.
- 5•Let cool.
- 6•Makes about 5 1/4 cups.
- 7•SIDE NOTE – This recipe can also be used to make chicken or beef stock. To make chicken stock use 1 small frying chicken (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds). To make beef stock use 1 beef sirloin roast (about 2 pounds).
- 8Step 2: Asian Meatballs.
- 9•In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients. Shape into meatballs, using approximately 1 rounded teaspoon per meatball.
- 10•To eat these on their own place in a lightly greased pan over medium heat. Cook until no pink remains, 3-5 minutes.
- 11•For the wonton soup, leave them uncooked.
- 12•Makes 20-25 meatballs.
- 13Step 3: Wonton Soup.
- 14•Heat the broth and salt to a boil in the saucepan. Add the noodles and meatballs. Cook until the noodles are tender and the meatballs are cooked through, between 3 and 5 minutes. Garnish with green onion.
- 15•Serve Hot.
- 16•A NOTE FROM MY KITCHEN – I added the meatballs before the noodles cause I didn’t trust the 3-5 minute cooking time. Mine took closer to 10…maybe cause they were a bit bigger than directed. So, about halfway through I added the noodles. End result was perfect.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Wonton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (861 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 217.1 mg
- Sodium 1292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork sirloin roast