1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Hambrger Buns
I have been gluten free for several months and am learning how to do so while enjoying the simple pleasures in life. Lettuce wrapped burgers are delicious but sometimes nothing satisfies like a real down home burger on a fresh baked bun.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, blend gluten free
- 1/4 cup oat flour, or
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour (Not starch.)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk, powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ascorbic acid
- 3/4-1 cup water (110 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted, cooled
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- sesame seeds
- 1Lightly coat 4 of the indention in a 6 section hamburger bun pan or 5 English muffin rings with oil.
- 2In a large mixing bowl blend tapioca starch through ascorbic acid until blended.
- 3In a smaller bowl mix the warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow yeast to foam and active for approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Once yeast is foamy, add 3 tablespoons coconut oil and remaining wet ingredients to bowl and beat lightly to blend.
- 5Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and with the wire whisk attachment of stand mixer beat on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Divide batter between 4 of the sections of the burger bun pan or 5 of the English muffin rings. With a wet spatula smooth the tops making sure to spread batter evenly over the bottom.
- 7Proof for 30 minutes. The last 10 minutes preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- 8Please note the serving size is dependent upon the form being used. This recipe will make 4 buns measuring 4 1/2 inches or 5 buns measuring 3 3/4 inches.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Hambrger Buns
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 648.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: