Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The sugar and spice of crushed gingersnaps form a flavorfull crust for the yams. For Zaar World Tour this is southern states regional.
- 30 gingersnap cookies
- 40 ounces canned yams (2 lb 8oz can drained)
- 29 ounces canned yams (1 lb 13oz can drained)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temp
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease or spray a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Crush the gingersnaps in the food processor until fine. Reserve 1/2 a cup of crumbs for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs over the bottom of the dish. They won't pack because there is no butter mixed with them.
- Mix all the yams in a lg bowl with an electric mixer at med speed until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each.
- Mix in the salt, spices, sugar and orange peel.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly add the liquids, mixing till incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the crumbs, smoothing the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, in center of oven for one hour or until it is puffed and golden. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Let pudding rest for 20 minutes Cut into squares to serve.