Recipe by zargarita
Need to have gingerbread? Must be gluten free? Not a problem! Smells heavenly.. won't last long, even if family can handle wheat products. This recipe was adapted from one which contained wheat flour..
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine DRY ingredients with the WET ones. Whisk until moist and no large lumps are visible.
- Options: Chopped candied ginger (about 1/4 c.).
- White raisins soaked in rum (about 1/2 c.)
- Plain yogurt or sour cream can substitute for sour milk.
- If using candied ginger and raisins, stir into batter now.
- Pour into prepared square pan (grease & flour it).
- Bake in pre-heated 350deg. oven for about 45 minute.
- * Check at 30 minute interval.
- Cool in pan on wire rack; can be served warm, cold. doesn't matter!