Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Need to have gingerbread? Must be gluten free? Not a problem! Smells heavenly.. won't last long, even if family can handle wheat products. This recipe was adapted from one which contained wheat flour..
- Combine DRY ingredients with the WET ones. Whisk until moist and no large lumps are visible.
- Options: Chopped candied ginger (about 1/4 c.).
- White raisins soaked in rum (about 1/2 c.)
- Plain yogurt or sour cream can substitute for sour milk.
- If using candied ginger and raisins, stir into batter now.
- Pour into prepared square pan (grease & flour it).
- Bake in pre-heated 350deg. oven for about 45 minute.
- * Check at 30 minute interval.
- Cool in pan on wire rack; can be served warm, cold. doesn't matter!