Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and delicious, though the optional salad does take some time to prep the veggies. Keep in mind that the 2 servings are assuming that you are serving with rice and miso soup.
- 1⁄8 head of cabbage
- 1⁄2 green onion, Japanese negi (negi in Japanese = green onion = huge, or you could fake it with one American one if necessary)
- 1⁄2 of a japanese cucumber (maybe 1/4 of American size)
- 2 shiso leaves (see pic, Google it, check your Asian market, there's no subsititute for that flavor)
- 200 g sliced pork (about half a pound, about 6 slices)
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon cooking sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- Thinly slice all, and put in the fridge while working on the pork.
- To serve, add tomato if desired. Dressing is very optional - there is SO much flavor. A bit of Japanese-style mayo adds a nice touch.
- Ginger Pork:.
- Fry pork slices in 1T vegetable oil until done and browned on both sides.
- While frying the pork, combine the remaining ingredients to make the sauce.
- When the pork is done, add the sauce, heat just a bit more and serve (best with rice and miso soup!).