Recipe by zeldaz51
Simple Japanese stir fry from the Japanese Cooking Class Cookbook. To facilitate slicing, freeze meat until firm but not frozen, 30 to 40 minutes. Or, have the butcher slice it for you.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin (or tenderloin)
- 4 ounces Chinese cabbage
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices. Cut slices into 2-inch piwces.
- REmove hard center sections from cabbage leaves, if necessary. Cut cabbage into 1-inch squares.
- Mix soy sauce, ginger juice, sake, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over high heat. Add pork and saute, stirring constantly, until pork is half cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove pork from pan and reserve.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to skillet. Add cabbage and saute, stirring constantly, until almost tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Return pork to skillet; add soy sauce mixtre. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pork has finished cooking, 2 to 3 minutees. Serve immediately.