Simple Japanese stir fry from the Japanese Cooking Class Cookbook. To facilitate slicing, freeze meat until firm but not frozen, 30 to 40 minutes. Or, have the butcher slice it for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pork crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices. Cut slices into 2-inch piwces.
- 2REmove hard center sections from cabbage leaves, if necessary. Cut cabbage into 1-inch squares.
- 3Mix soy sauce, ginger juice, sake, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over high heat. Add pork and saute, stirring constantly, until pork is half cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove pork from pan and reserve.
- 5Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to skillet. Add cabbage and saute, stirring constantly, until almost tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Return pork to skillet; add soy sauce mixtre. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pork has finished cooking, 2 to 3 minutees. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pork Saute (Butaniku Shoga-Yaki)
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 813.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: