Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These Ginger Cookies are Dairy Free and Gluten Free. Read the full post at: http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/ginger-cookies/
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup yacon syrup
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, combine grapeseed oil, yacon, agave and lemon zest.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough at a time onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes, until tops start to crack.
- Cool and serve.
I'm not sure how to review this... I did make a few changes, but the only one that might affect the texture of the cookie is that I used 1 1/2 C almound flour and 1 C gf flour mix (almound flour is expensive). I have done that with other recipes of Elena's succesfully. However, either the flour combo or the oil made these REALLY spread. They became a sheet of almost 1 cookie. I used honey and molasses for the agave and yacon and a cinnamon/ginger/clove combo for the spices. I had to bake them at least 15 minutes. Then I had to leave them on the pan for awhile before I could remove them without ripping. They cooled on the rack to a soft, but not crumbly, cookie. In spite of all this, my kids loved them! I might try again with butter or shortening instead of oil. I suspect that was the culprit.