Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Recipe by Mike Stojak
Make and share this German Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the meat (and fat, if necessary) into chunks.
- Spread out on a pie pan or cookie sheet and place in the freezer to chill (not long enough to freeze, just long enough to become firm).
- Grind the meat and fat together twice, using a coarse blade.
- Add the spices to the meat and fat mixture and knead it in thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least a couple of hours or overnight.
- The sausage can be stuffed into prepared casings or formed into patties or appropriate bulk portions and refrigerated for up to 3 days before use, after which any remaining should be frozen.