Recipe by Zewbiedoo
This recipe smells great baking and is great toasted with butter or cheese. Kids love it! Makes 1.5 lb. loaf. Cook time listed includes dough prep and rise time.
- 1 cup water, warm or room temp
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni slice, chopped
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order listed or as recommended by your machine's manufacturer.
- You can adjust the garlic and onion to your preference.
- Don't let the salt touch the yeast.
- At this point you can either select White Bread and press Start to complete in the bread machine, or use the dough setting and finish in the oven.
- I prefer the oven method as it seems to result in a higher loaf with better texture.
- Directions for oven method: Select dough cycle and press start.
- When complete, turn the dough out onto a floured surface and punch down.
- Flatten out into a rectangle, patting to get out bubbles.
- Roll tightly into a log, turn seam side down, and tuck the ends under.
- Place into a loaf pan that has been lightly greased with olive oil, loosely cover with plastic wrap sprayed with nonstick spray, and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until done (if the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped, it's done).
- Immediately remove from loaf pan and cool on a wire rack at least 10-15 minutes before slicing.