Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made these tonight from a recipe found here on Zaar, but after changing enough of it, thought I would post how I made them. I am sure that you could use any other small potatoes, I just had red potatoes on hand!
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the potatoes well and slice them halfway. If they are large enough, slice them in half again. Lay all the slices in a large baking pan.
- Sprinkle the potatoes well with the seasonings.
- Melt the butter. Crush the garlic cloves into the melted butter and stir them well in the butter. Let them sit for about 30 seconds or so.
- Drizzle the garlic butter over the potatoes well and incorporate them all.
- Bake in the uncovered dish for about 40 minutes or so, until they are tender and golden brown.
Very good potatoes with lots of flavor. I cooked these in the microwave instead of the oven so they would be done faster. I partially cooked the plain potatoes, then made the butter sauce, then put it all together and finished cooking, all in the MW. I used only 2 cloves of garlic, and used fresh chives instead of dried.
These were delish! The only thing I did different was I stirred the potatoes around a couple of times while baking. Yum :) These would be good with some rosemary also I think :)
Yum! I skipped the butter and used some olive oil spray to lower the fat.