Recipe by gailanng
The fusion of the United States and New Zealand.
Top Review by ElleFirebrand
This recipe was awesome. I loved the combination of the fresh fruit with the sweet pecans. The dressing was lively and I loved the flavor from the thyme. Instead of mint, I used basil. I will definitely make again. Made for ZWT 8.
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 9.85 ml finely snipped fresh thyme leaves
- 9.85 ml finely snipped fresh mint leaves
- 9.85 ml honey
- 2.46 ml grated lemon zest
- 1.23 ml finely minced garlic
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml pecan halves
- 141.74 g bag Baby Lettuces
- 1 ripe mango, cubed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 kiwi, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 9 ingredients; refrigerate, covered.
- Heat sugar in small skillet over medium heat until sugar melts and is a light golden brown. Stir in pecans until all are well coated. Spread on greased foil or parchment paper. When cool, chop into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- To Serve: Toss baby lettuces with mango and onion; divide among 8 salad plates. Arrange 2 kiwi wedges on each salad, sprinkle with caramelized pecans. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads; serve immediately.