Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Treat your family to this delicious puffed pancake that is filled with blueberries and bananas (or other fresh fruit of your choice).
Top Review by Julie F
I love that this recipe is easy to make, light and healthy! I used strawberries and bananas to fill the pancake and it was such a nice addition to the brunch I took it to. I used vanilla soy milk in place of the milk, so cut back a bit on the sugar. It was just slightly sweet with the fruit mixture on top - just right for me. Made this for Top Recipes of 2010.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butter in a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees F for 4 - 5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt. Add eggs and milk; whisk until smooth.
- Pour into hot pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are puffed and golden brown. Meanwhile, combine blueberries and bananas.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon fruit mixture onto pancake; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cut into wedges.