Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Taste of Home. Cook time includes chilling time.
- 3 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 cups cold water
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Stir cold water, bananas, marshmallows and pineapple into gelatin.
- Pour into a 13-in.
- x 9-in.
- x 2-in.
- dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan combine the sugar and flour.
- Stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into the egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil, cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add cooled filling.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over gelatin.
- Sprinkle with nuts and coconut.