Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin Cups
photo by flower7
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 25mins
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb, cleaned, cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- Toss rhubarb with sugar in a 3- or 4-quart saucepan and pour water over top.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until rhubarb is tender. Remove from heat.
- Add dry gelatin and stir 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Pour into dessert cups.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a degree in archaeology from a small Ohio college and I work for the Ohio History Connection. My passions are art, music, books, food, history, and cats/animal welfare. I also love photography. I have a 1,000 (plus) piece collection of vintage flower pins from the 1960's, hence the username ha. I also have small collections of vintage butterfly pins, vintage tablecloths, and vintage glass Christmas ornaments. (Can you tell I love vintage?) I took a trip to the Netherlands in March 2006 and fell in love! I doubt it will happen but if I ever have the opportunity I would love to live there.