Recipe by currybunny
A yummy-looking mezze dish, posted for World Tour 05. Do not try to cook more than two servings at a time or the tomatoes will end up overcooked. This type of tomato appetizer is great scooped up onto Arabic bread.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I sautéed these in about half the quantity of oil in a non-stick pan. I left out the hot pepper, and added some dried thyme (taste preference), and ate these on toasted Bruschetta, which I’d spread with cream cheese, for a very easy lunch. Delicious! Thanks for sharing, Beck!
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 small hot pepper, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large firm tomatoes, thickly sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix the garlic with the pepper, salt, and hot pepper; then stir in the parsley and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the tomato slices and cook for about a minute on one side; then turn and sprinkle slices with the garlic, hot pepper, and parsley mixture. Continue to cook for another minute, shaking the pan occasionally; then turn the slices again and cook until they are done, but not mushy.
- Slide the tomato slices onto a plate, and serve immediately.