Fried Tomatoes With Garlic
photo by AcadiaTwo
- Ready In:
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 small hot pepper, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large firm tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Thoroughly mix the garlic with the pepper, salt, and hot pepper; then stir in the parsley and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the slices from 1 tomato to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn over and sprinkle the slices with the garlic mixture.
- Continue to cook for another minute, shaking the pan occasionally; then turn the slices over again and cook until they are done, but not mushy.
- Slide the tomato slices onto a plate then repeat with the rest of the oil & tomato slices. Serve immediately after cooking.
- Note: Do not try to cook more than two servings at a time or the tomatoes will end up overcooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We enjoyed these, although an unexpected visitor meant that I was distracted from cooking and they were overcooked, a bit soft. Exactly what I didn't want to do! They still tasted great though, and this is an easy and very nice way to do tomatoes, so I shall make them again, and aim for a firmer result next time! (And a better photo!) I can imagine they'd be good on bread, but I used them as a side dish. Thanks, Nasseh, made for PAC Fall 09
Thank you for a lovely change from a plain tomato salad! The garlic flavour is very effective here, although for the second round of tomato slices, I added the garlic mix to the oil rather than on top of the slices- just to spread the flavour more evenly. Thanks for a lovely recipe! Made for Please Review My Recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.