Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one I'm saving from Southern Living. I LOVE fried oysters. Raw or fried are the only way I eat 'em. So yummy.
- 1 quart fresh oyster, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 36 saltines, crushed to crumbs (1 sleeve)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- hot sauce
- canola oil
- Dip oysters in egg then dredge in cracker crumbs.
- Let sit in fridge for 2 hours.
- Stir together ketchup, horseradish, and hot sauce (to taste) and chill.
- Fry oysters in 1" oil at 350F 3-4 minute until golden.
- Serve immediately with sauce.