Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can't wait for the summer tomatos to become ripe. We eat this as a side dish OR as a topping on a sandwich. I love this stuff.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 green pepper
- Mix all dressing ingredients, down to the garlic salt in a medium bowl.
- Thinly slice tomatoes, onions and peppers.
- Add veggies to dressing and toss.
- You can serve now but I prefer to allow it to sit in the fridge for at least and hour or so.
- The flavors get better the longer it sits.
- Serve as a side dish or use the veggies on your favorite summertime sandwich.
What a great tomato salad. The ease of preparation, colors, crunchiness of ingredients and tasty dressing make this a true winner.
Love this wonderful salad! This dressing is terrific over this combination of colorful vegetables. A great change of pace with this sweeter version of tomato salad than is our usual. zi will very definitely make this again!! Thanks so much, MG!
I really enjoyed this salad, wonderful! Refrigerated overnight and the flavors blended so well together. I did use green onions instead of a sweet onion and garlic powder instead of salt. Thank you Mysterygirl!