1/1 Photo of Fresh Strawberry Pie With Almond Graham Crust
3 hrs 10 mins
This pie is simple but so good! Use fresh red ripe strawberries only for this recipe. Plan ahead the pie needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving. You can also make this in a 9-inch glass baking dish. Prep time includes chilling time, cooking time is for the crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Set oven to 350°F (position oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Butter a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- 3In a food processor coarsely chop the almonds, then add in the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; process until finely ground.
- 4Add in the melted butter and process until evenly moistened.
- 5Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- 6Bake until set (about 10-12 minutes) cool completely before filling.
- 7To make the filling: place 2 cups strawberries in a medium saucepan and mash with a potato masher until chunky.
- 8Add in the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and food colouring if using; stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture boils and thickens (about 3-4 minutes). transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature.
- 9When the mixture is cooled add in the remaining 4 cups strawberries; mix to combine.
- 10Mound the filling into prepared crust.
- 11Chill until set (about 3 hours).
- 12Beat the 2 cups whipping cream with sugar (any amount to taste) until soft peaks form.
- 13Spoon or pipe the whipped cream decoratively around the edges of the pie.
- 14Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Pie With Almond Graham Crust
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g