Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From the book, The Lady & Sons Just Desserts by Paula H. Deen
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups pears, peeled, cored and diced (about 5 pears)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 10" bundt pan.
- Sift sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice together in large bowl.
- Add oil, eggs, vanilla and pears.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 1 and 1/4 hours or until done.
I was very disappointed with this recipe, I had a feeling it was too much oil. It came out so oily, yuck!!!
This is a great cake! The outside is nice and crispy and the inside is pleasantly cakey spicey and sweet :)
I had 4 beautiful pears that my family had avoided eating all week, so I decided to try your recipe. I made a 1/2 recipe and it turned out great. My husband loved it. A lovely light cake with a nice crispness to the outside. We seved warm with custard. Thank you for sharing