Recipe by MizzNezz
Delicious fruit dessert.
Top Review by BarbaraK
In a word-EXCELLENT. This is a first class dessert. The crust is chewy at the edges. I baked it for 42 minutes. I used 6 peeled peaches and a 2 1/2 quart casserole. I will certainly make this again. It is very very tasty, as well as being easy to make. Thanks Inez.
- 6 cups peeled sliced ripe peaches
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Put peach slices in greased, shallow 11x7 baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir in egg until mixture is coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over peaches.
- Drizzle butter evenly over topping.
- Bake for 38 minutes.