Recipe by Lainey6605
I like to make this for a great appetizer or snack for my family and guests.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was great! I had some ripe on the vine tomatoes and used fresh rustic Italian bread I got warm from the store this morning. Great flavor and so simple to make. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1 loaf French baguette (or other French bread with a small diameter)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, finely chopped, seeds and pulp removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degreesF.
- Slice French bread or baguette into 1/2-inch slices.
- Brush both sides lightly with 2 T olive oil.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, Italian seasoning and crushed garlic.
- Set aside.
- Bake French bread slices in oven for 3 minutes.
- Turn each slice over and bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread each slice with a tablespoon of the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.