Easy Tortilla Pickle-Ham Rolls
Makes a great appetizer or snack! Yield is only estimated depending on the size of the slices. I have also made these with finely chopped green onions with the garlic in the cream cheese. You can use the flavored cream cheese in tubs if desired. Plan ahead--the rolls need to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before slicing. Yield is only estimated, it will depend on the size of the slices.
- Ready In:
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dill pickles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and divided (make certain that the cream cheese is very soft for spreading)
- 1 pinch garlic powder (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 lb sliced cooked ham (I like to use honey ham)
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Mix the softened cream cheese with garlic powder (if using).
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese onto one side of a tortilla.
- Place a 1-2 slices of ham over the cream cheese.
- Spread another layer of cream cheese over the ham.
- Roll a pickle up in the the tortilla.
- Cover the roll with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours (to make slicing easier).
- Remove the plastic wrap, using a serrated knife slice the roll into about 1-inch pieces or to desired size).
- Chill the slices if you are not using right away.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I really enjoyed this easy appetizer. For the dill pickles I used Claussen just personal preference for their great flavor and crunchy texture. I used onion and chive cream cheese and made and few with crumbled feta or sharp cheddar sprinkled in the rolls too. These were quickly devoured and I will make again for sure. Thanks for a great recipe.
What's not to love about this little appy! So easy to put together, and yummy! I will be making these again for an upcoming graduation party, and for a long time to come! I made 2 variations - one with garlic dills and one without. On the rolls without garlic I added green onion. I also made a few with chopped black olives. I used whipped cream cheese. All were delicious! Thanks for yet another wonderful treat Kitt!