Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Everytime my herb garden gets out of control I make this delicious sauce.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Cook until onion is translucent (about 2 - 3 minutes).
- Add tomato sauce, water, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, thyme, and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
This is a very good recipe for tomato sauce, enjoyed the herb flavoring. I used to make spaghetti and meatballs. Will definitely use again. Made for PAC Spring '09