Chicken With White Wine & Fresh Herb Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (with skin)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Season chicken with pepper and salt. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over; about 8 minutes. Drain fat from pan.
- Add wine; cover; and simmer over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced. Transfer chicken to serving plate; cover and keep warm.
- Add minced garlic to pan; bring to boil and boil until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk in butter, piece by piece. Stir in herbs of choice. Pour over chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm Danish-Canadian! I immigrated to Canada in 1968 and lived in B.C. until 1979, then we had the wonderful opportunity to live in Hawaii for almost 3 years. We moved to Southern Ontario in 1982. Of profession, I'm a Doctor of Human Biochemistry, specializing in Nutrition, a Doctor of Homeopathic Medicine, and a Registered Nutrition Consultant Practitioner, I have my own full time practice. <br />My passion is cooking! I have tested and tried over 10.000 recipes over the last 30 years on my beloved husband who is now residing in a Long Term Facility with Dementia, so I have to make meals for one, healthy and simple. />My pet peeve is too much garlic in a creamy rich sauce. <br />My favourite cookbook is the one I have made myself over the past 40 years. <br />My interests are knitting Scandinavian socks, sweaters, reading. If I had a month off I would visit our adult children and 4 year old Granddaughter, who resides in British Columbia and Florida, and cook them their favorite meals.</p>